Friday, July 9, 2010

8 Uncommon uses for nail polish



I was cleaning my bathroom's cabinets and noticed I have a bunch of old nail polish bottles that I'm not going to use anymore, and I started to think what I can do with all of these without throwing them away? then I remembered these old tricks:

Seal an envelope Worried about whether the glue will hold? or getting a paper cut? Brush polish on the underside of the flap.

Smooth a hanger If there are rough edges on wooden or plastic hangers that could snag clothes, don’t throw the hangers out. Just brush polish over edges.

Secure a screw Tighten loose screws on cabinets or pot handles by brushing some clear nail polish on screw threads. Insert the screw and let dry before using again. (Bonus - polish
also keeps them from rusting.)



BululuStudio



3 comments:

BululuStudio said...

I've used these tips. I've even painted some art using them. so next time don't throw them away.

Andrea Graciarena said...

Great tips! Thanks for the post.

Je Adore / Pandora Shack said...

Great tips! I like the one to tighten the screws! I use Nail Polish too to stop a trim end from shedding. For instance when you cut a ribbon and the threads starts to go loose starts to shed, waste not time and brush a small amount just on the freshly cut edge and you'll have a resolved problem.

Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails